Thursday, April 7, 2016

Nock & Roll!


Trying out the new bow...

Michelle had her Samick Sage takedown recurve bow set up nicely. It was a beautiful morning and we had plenty of time to put a couple of arrows downrange.
From a 22lb bow, the Sage was a huge jump.
It has a draw weight of #35lb and since the bow has shorter limbs, getting a full draw needs plenty of strength.
My excitement was the new 3D hog which I bought from Malacca.

Shooting the hog with my Martin Panther #45
Following through

Getting used to 3D archery
Documenting the sport

I took out my "B-kits" - consisting two Canon EOS-M mirrorless cameras and set them up at the range.
One was rigged with a Rode video micro shotgun microphone with a Canon EF-M 11-22mm zoom lens, while the other was mounted with a Rode Video Mic Go shotgun microphone and a Canon EF-M 55-200mm zoom lens.
At the same time, the cameras were also used for still shots.

My rig in action
Michelle having a go at the piggie

Our new 3D target

You can check out the embedded video on top to get a feel of our archery session near our home.
We spent about two hours at the range, emptying our arrows onto a six-ring target face and the 3D Hog.
I must say that the 3D experience was fun. At the same time, I was also training for an upcoming archery tournament in Bangkok, Thailand.

No comments: