Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A recent upgrade on my Dahon Speed P8

The luggage rack and SKS mudguard on the rear fender

My 'urbanised' Speed P8

Another view of the bike...

Its been more than a year since I've acquired my Dahon Speed P8 folding
bicycle and recently, it underwent some minor upgrades.I've added a rear rack to carry its stowaway bag and a set of SKS mudguards
for riding in wet weather.So, basically, its not so 'naked' anymore.I am also looking at the possibility of adding a spanninga rear LED light which
is mounted on the luggage rack.This item is not available off the shelves and I managed to trace it through its
manufacturer's website. Perhaps I would have better luck shopping for this part in Singapore.Right now, the Speed P8 is up and going without any hitches.I've added a Garmin Oregon 300 GPS mount on the handlebar and its also
equipped with a Catseye wireless cycle computer.With the Dahon Folding Bike Club established for KL riders, I can look forward
to some rides around the Klang Valley.My next riding adventure would be Malacca.

2 comments:

hock202 said...

Hi Samo,
After reading your blog of all the fun you had with your folding bike, i went to Rodalink, Bandar Botanic and bought myself a Dahon Speed P8.
Looking forward to have lots of fun with it.

Ridhone.

samo said...

Congrats on your new Dahon and thank you for your kind words!

Ride it in good health...

Sam