Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Book of Eli


Denzel Washington's latest movie opens worldwide today on February 25.
I made it my mission to watch it and I loved it.
The story may be long and drawling, but seeing a story told through the eyes of a man who had to deliver the words of God by following his faith gave me much satisfaction.
I pity those Ah Bengs who spent RM7 for this film with expectations of a fast-packed action movie.
There were shootings and fight scenes in the movie, but I guess if you expect some slam bang shit, it won't cut it.
The Book of Eli tells the story of a man who walked the scorched Earth for 30 seasons (three decades) in hope to deliver a book from the east coast of the war ravaged United States, to a location in the west which was later revealed as the Alcatraz prison.
I am a big fan of Denzel and had thoroughly enjoyed the performance of Gary Oldman who played the bad guy who is obsessed with getting the book.
Mila Kunis, the leading lady of this movie was also impressive.
There's also the more mature Jennifer Beals (of Flashdance) whom I think, looked much, much better with age.
Way I see it, Denzel's Book of Eli may fare well on the box office.

No comments: