Friday, March 7, 2014

Taipei Intl Cycle Show - Part 3

It's a wrap!

Today was my third day at the Taipei Cycle show and it was truly a humbling experience.
Most of the manufacturers were at the show with the exception of certain "big boys" in the bicycle manufacturing business.
But to me, all the important people in the folding bike circle was at the show. So, it's definitely worth the trip.
I spent the earlier part of the day cruising around mid-town Taipei and actually ended up at the Nangang exhibition hall around 2pm.
That was my plan right from the start as I've covered quite a bit of what I wanted to do at the show.

The Ximending district

MRT, my daily commute to Nangang Exhibition Hall
Networking: Meeting a fellow foldie and publisher..

I am a fan of Kris Gomeze's Bicycle United magazine, Thailand's first bi-lingual cycling magazine that also has an e-magazine edition.
Her work inspired me to publish The Malaysian Foldie and I must say that meeting up with Kris, even though its a brief moment, was really enlightening.
We shared our thoughts on folding bikes and for me, it's a learning curve.
The print-edition of Bicycle United is growing fast and its also a real good read. 
The digest-sized magazine retails at 80baht in Thailand.

Cool beans from Biologic

I was shown the new Biologic speed and cadence sensor that retails at USD$45.95 (RM150 excluding tax and freight). 
This new product can be linked to your smartphone (Android 4.3 and above) and the IOS for iphones.
What I find neat, is the fact that the sensor can be used on smaller folding bikes with a longer chainstay.

How it works..

An actual working model of the sensor
Biologic Pango Helmets for charity..

More than 150 white pango folding helmets were sold for charity.
These went for NT799 (RM85) with proceeds going to World Bicycle Relief. Truly a noble deed by Mobility Holdings! 

Going for a good cause: The white pangos
Coming your way soon: Tern's new bikes..

K2 Asia had announced their new bikes for 2014 and Tern bicycle enthusiasts can look forward to the Verge P9, P20 and Eclipse P18.
These are headed to Malaysia on a March/April release.

The Eclipse P18, folded on the bottom left, is expected soon in Malaysia
Friendly faces at the Tern boot at the 2014 Cycle Taipei show..
Signing off..

Well, there you have it, three days of live-feed from the Cycle Taipei show.
I will be on my break tomorrow till Sunday before I catch my early morning flight to Kuala Lumpur on Monday.
There's much to do when I hit KL and I am missing my wife who is in Texas, US, right now and my two kidz..
I will write about my travel in Taipei on another post. Till then, thanks for following me.. 

No comments: