Friday, November 12, 2010

Taman Negara revisited

Kuala Tahan is now a small town

The last time I was at this signpost was 21 years ago when I climbed Gunung Tahan..

I was handed an assignment to cover a fun drive to Kuala Tahan recently. Without much hesitation, I accepted the job and followed a bunch of people from the media in the trip.
The last time I was at the Kuala Tahan basecamp in Taman Negara was in 1989.
Since then, much has changed around this area which was accessible only by boat from Kuala Tembeling in Jerantut, Pahang.
At the national park, I spent two days and explored the Bukit Terisik trail which led to the park's canopy walk.
This was followed by a boat ride to an orang asli village along the Tembeling river.
Since Kuala Tahan is now accessible by road, I guess there will be some follow-up trips to the national park in the future

No comments: