Thursday, April 25, 2013

Welcome to Malaysia Dr David Hon..

The main man: Dr David Hon riding a Dr Hon Jifo folding bike
I heard it through the grapevine...

So, I called the guy in charge of Dr Hon Bicycles go pick up a Dr Hon Mu P27 for review.
He said he had a meeting with Dr David Hon and his entourage from Dr Hon Bicycles.
"We are having a regional meeting for the distributors here in Malaysia la...
"I will be very busy and my colleague Danny will see to it that you get to try out the Mu-27,"
said my friend.


Tight schedule..

The guy also told me that David Hon will be on a "tight schedule" and will not be able to meet any of the bicycling journal and news portal people here.
I don't know if this is true, or rather the space was given to magazines like "Cycling Malaysia" who knew next to nothing on folding bikes, but nevertheless, I take this news in good faith.
"Eh, I talked to my big boss and try to get you an interview spot for BaikBike.com, but no time la..," my contact said.

Good Public Relations Practise..

Well, way I see it, the Dr Hon Bicycle reps here should make an effort to introduce David Hon to the cycling community here in Malaysia. 
The least I can say is that if Dr Hon walks down the street, he could be recognised for his contributions to the cycling fraternity here in Malaysia..
To a certain quarters, David Hon's visit here to Kuala Lumpur is a real big deal. But, seeing as it is, I guess nobody really cares because he is just "another bicycle manufacturer"..

1 comment:

Azreal911 said...

I find his son Josh Hon puts a lot more effort to see his fans of the Tern bikes. To me Dahon and Tern are run very differently here. One is big corporation selling to faceless individuals, and the other is a smaller company but more connected with the riders who buy them.