Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Sage spider

A brown Lynx found in Taman Rimba Bukit Nenas - I was struggling with the high-magnification focus o this critter. The result was only so-so

The Sage Lynx - I just love the name!

Lynx spiders are interesting creatures.I've captured a few and have lately discovered one that is very expressive.It has the looks of a wise old man and T.S. Ching, my macro kaki had called it the 'Sage'
spider.This critter was really small. It measures about 5mm in length and to get the most out of it, 2.5x magnification is
needed.When I saw it on screen, only a few shots are noteworthy and with the Canon DPP
software, I pushed the colour saturation a bit and managed to get a nice shade and tone
on the spider's body.The Sage lynx is by far, one of the most interesting find in the Taman Rimba Kiara.

No comments: