Monday, June 7, 2010

Sg Tua revisited

An interesting crab spider

This is a very handsome weevil


Close-up of a stick insect

Sg Tua in Hulu Yam, Selangor, is a place that fascinated me right from the beginning.Some of the largest jumping spider specie are found here and they are thriving.Nothing excites me more than discovering spiders and this is a fertile hunting ground for
any insect photographer.Last Saturday, I rigged up a trip with my regular macro photography kakis T.S. Ching and
newcomer Omar who had equipped himself with a Canon EF100mm F2.8L IS macro lens.This was Omar's second outing with the group.We've hooked up with Master Kurt and Master Caveman on the trail and as usual, the first
few hours of the day was rather boring.Things started to pick up by noon and to my surprise, there were some interesting find by
my enthusiastic friends.We photographed a really handsome weevil and my find of the day, was a jumping spider
with prey.

No comments: