Monday, November 26, 2012

Kayuhan Raub 2012 - part 2

Keeping good company..
Nine people from my peer group are taking part in the ride.
Two of them were my office colleagues, while the other four were my folding bike kakis.
Michelle and I had signed-up as 'Team Jetstream', maintaining our tradition from last year.
We had Ehfan Shah and team Captain Kevin Tan from The Star, Uncle Sin Tai Lim, Uncle KK Fong, his son Kevin and Mohd Radzi.
After picking up our cycling goodie bags from Taman Tasik Raub, I brought them to the Kari Ayam Sempalit restaurant in town for tea.
The guys had a taste of Raub and later, we met Kevin who arrived in town on his own.
This was followed by an extended tea-session at KF coffeeshop where we had some good iced coffee including some kaya puffs.

Happy-happy: Uncle Sin and his goodie bag
At the Raub Kari Ayam restaurant
Kari Ayam Sempalit
Later, we set a time to have dinner at Restoran Sentosa, a pork-free makan place in town.
I went to book a table there and the first thing Michelle noticed was the lady boss who was a bit 'off'.
Anyway, after taking a shower and resting at the hotel, I decided to head out to the nearby bank to withdraw some cash.
As I was going, one of the guys offered me a can of beer. 
Uncle Sin and Uncle Fong was enjoying happy hours before dinner.

Durian special: Ehfan posing at the restaurant

The gang, enjoying a hearty meal
 
After a good dinner, we headed back to the hotel to get some rest.
While the others had called it a day, a few of us had stayed at the porch area to enjoy some beers. 

After hours: Enjoying the beers

Tiger beer for the soul..
I hung out with Sin and Fong to hear about the latest gossips in the folding bike circle.
They told me about a master and his student who had done some 200km/day ride from Tanjung Malim to Sekinchan.
Sounds amazing considering the fact that these guys are riding with small wheels.
I guess they'll have plenty of plans to do such amazing feats next year!
We continued with the beers and decided to call it a day after we were done.
What lies ahead the next morning: is a road paved with pain...

No comments: