Friday, April 10, 2009

There goes my G-9!


Just when I thought it was okay to go about my photography business, my year-old Canon Powershot G-9 went
kaput! Lucky for me, I managed to capture some of images which were vital to my work. This goes to say that Canon
products are not made to last.Sadly, the company is the only camera manufacturer that produces their high-end digital compact camera in
Japan. They have many features on their products that can thrash brands like Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and Sony. What I
like about the Canon powershot G-series, is its ease of use and friendly user-interface.Having cycled through five generations of the G-series, I conclude by saying that they still top other camera
manufacturer in terms of quality and value for money.As for the reliability part, I would underrate them by half. I guess they don't make cameras as rugged as they've
used to these days.And I have this sinking feeling that Canon will slap me with a big fat bill when I sent the camera in for service next
week..