Sunday, February 7, 2010

Incy wincy jumping spider





NOWADAYS, I have more reasons to walk around my neighbourhood.Jumping spiders contributes to that and I am enjoying my Canon EOS7D every day, hour
and minute because it is able to capture something as small as 8mm and reveal some
astonishing details.Right now, I am working with very basic equipment.I have a 50mm f2.5 compact macro lens which gives a 1:2 magnification.To get even closer, Canon has manufactured an EF-lifesize converter to go with the 50mm,
but unfortunately, this became obsolete.The only option I can forsee, is an upgrade to the EF100mm F2.8L IS lens. Going back to jumpers, I found that there are at least 10 different species of jumping
spiders lurking around my neighbourhood.I was very lucky to get some really good photos of the spiders and as a stop-gap measure, I
will be adding an extension tube to get a higher magnification of the arachnids.

No comments: