Sunday, February 21, 2010

Taman Negara was a blast!

At Sungai Juram basecamp with the boss
Sungai Juram National Park HQ, Merapoh, Pahang.

With the boss in Gua Gajah

Age has caught up and my present physical condition is no help.I found myself very unfit and this was apparent at a recent hike in Taman Negara.The trip to Sungai Relau - the Merapoh side of the national park was a blast as the activities
there had superceeded my expectations. On the third and last day, we made a hike to Gua Gajah which rated as medium in terms of
difficulty.I found myself running out of breath and my feet hurts after trekking for more than four hours
to reach the cave.But the journey itself was rewarding as there's plenty to see in the park's attraction.Vincent, my brother in-law has made plans to scale Gunung Tahan next year and Michelle, my wife is game for this trip.So, for the next 12 months, it looks like I had to shed the puppy fat and get in shape for my third summit attempt on the Peninsula's highest peak.

No comments: