Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The bird glass..




Its raptor month and Cape Racardo in Negeri Sembilan will be bustling with life as scores of
bird watchers are expected to throng the area to take a closer look at some migrating bird of
prey.Near my backyard, there's enough birds to keep me busy.I spotted some kites earlier and there may be an eagle moving around cos I can hear its
screech every morning.The only frustration I felt right now, is the inability to get the correct range on my lens.Way I look at it, the solution may be a super telephoto lens, but the prices are really scary.For the most used focal length, a 500mm F4.0L costs about RM41,000.Just a fraction of that cost is the Canon EF 400mm F5.6L - which is much more compact,
but dim in low lighting conditions.This is an excellent outdoor lens with great results.And the price? Well, RM5,100 is not too far fetched.Add a 1.4x or 2x teleconverter, this lens can be pushed even further to give an 800mm focal
length (at 2x conversion).Right now, I am still trying to get the grasp in capturing insects and birds would have to wait.

No comments: