Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Forest in the city




There are many things that I don't know about Taman Tun Dr Ismail.Firstly, there is a track for joggers and bicyclists which is perpetually busy during the
mornings and evenings.I took this for the place where last week's macro workshop was to be held.But I was deeply mistaken.Instead, the real location was beside an Indian temple near the old IBM tower.This place is called 'Taman Rimba Kiara' and is maintained by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall.And to my surprise, there are plenty of insects there.I came face-to-face with the damselfly for the first time and my initial impression was that the
creature was a huge insect.It appears to me that the damselfly is small. Hardly measuring over 15mm and it takes some time for the mind to adjust and accept it
visually.Other than that, there is also a very healthy population of ant mimic crab and jumping
spiders.That said, this will be a hunting ground for insects as there are plenty for me to discover.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Hey babe! U didn't reply your email!
Urgent leh!