Monday, May 23, 2011

Mission: Impossible

Next up: Klang - Lumut
I've had one of those inspiring moments day-dreaming about cycling from Klang to Lumut.
A group of guys had proven it by riding from Klang to Sekinchan two weeks ago and they had some really cool photos posted all over Facebook.
This is roughly about 150km round-trip and had me motivated to plan a 'serious shit' route from Klang to Lumut and do a two-day round-island tour of Pulau Pangkor.
Now, Klang - Sekinchan is within the limit of my capabilities and staging the ride is the most important thing there.
This is so that I won't get bonked on the road.
At Sekinchan, I can bunk out at Harbour View hotel for the night and take off the next day.
And when it comes to meeting the time factor on distance, I would have to wake up really early.
No sweat if I train and condition myself.

The next leg of the journey would be from Sekinchan to Lumut and this is estimated at 118km.
That would bonk anyone who is hauling load on the front and back of their bicycle.
It would be cool to have a break either in Manjung or Sitiawan before the final push to Lumut and board a ferry to Pangkor.
I anticipate a sore ass and raw legs by the time I get to Lumut.
In Pangkor, there are some cool places to cover for at least three days.
Now, the best part is this - getting back...
The distance from Lumut to Tapah Road is 93km.
From there, I would hop onto a KTM ETS service back to KL Sentral.
Can this be achieved? Well, I can't say anything for sure. Yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that is a tastefully salivating plan. after the sabak bernam trip, i think lumut is doable. maybe stay overnight somewhere. good luck :)

mich said...

Need gel seats!!!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Sounds like a plan! I have friends who live in Sitiawan and they took us to Lumut some years back. Nice place!

Duncan In Kuantan