Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wenger Ranger S55 Official World Scout Knife

A decent find..
Last year, I made a trip to Singapore.
While combing the shelves at a popular shopping mall in Orchard Road, I came across a Wenger S18 Official World Scout knife.
Its also one of the latest design by Wenger, the other official contractor for the Swiss Army, featuring an evo-grip design.
Unlike its predecessors, which are mainly plain looking, the World Scout knife is very appealing.
What made it even more endearing, was a gift box that comes with the knife.
And with a little discount thrown-in, I paid about $45 Singapore Dollars for the find.
Ironically, there is a smaller version which was more expensive.
I've been keeping the S18 ever since..


Little boy and big guy: The Ranger 55 and S18
Some recent development..
I found out that there is a dealer selling Wengers in Kuala Lumpur.
Its been a while since these knives are actually seen on the shelves.
To add to my collection, I was searching for the Ranger S55, a larger version of the official World Scout Knife which is also offered on the World Scout Movement's on-line store.
This knife retails for USD67 from a retailer on Ebay. Shipping it to Malaysia, is a different story...
So, after doing some homework, I traced the distributor of Wenger Swiss Army Knives to a phone number somewhere in the city centre.
I managed to get hold of the guy who is responsible for bringing in the knife and was told that the S55 was available..


The waiting game.. 
So, I told the guy, who is a very nice person and also passionate about his product, about the official World Scout Knife.
"I have it somewhere.."
His assurance was its availability and a decent price. 
I waited and finally, an email came.
Its ready for pick-up and we set a place to meet for the deal.
After inspecting the Ranger S55, which is in pristine condition, I cut the deal with the seller. 
And my collection is complete!


Gallery





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting to let you understand of the beneficial experience my wife's princess enjoyed browsing your webblog. She realized numerous pieces, not to mention what it is like to possess an amazing teaching mood to let a number of people without hassle grasp several very confusing subject matter. You truly did more than my expected results. I appreciate you for rendering these invaluable, safe, edifying and also easy tips on the topic to Sandra.
Revere Ware Stainless Steel 4pc Warmer Set

JEGO said...

good article sam, i found out this knife very good for outdoor and adventurous purposes. i plan to get one , the Scout S55 . I have been finding everywhere incuding Professor and fail to find this gem.I can't find your email address in the blog. Can you email me the contact person of the malaysian dealer . I am keen to get one for myself. my email is 7roninz@gmail.com
thanks for sharing this out.