Sunday, July 24, 2011

Riding the 2011 Dahon Jetstream EX

Parking the bikes on a ditch

Rolling downhill with the Jetstream EX at 49km/h was effortless
The 2011 Jetstream EX is the last of its kind.
I'm glad to have been able to procure on and took it for a downhill roll from Genting Sempah to Bentong yesterday.
At speeds up to 49km/h, the Jetstream EX is stable as the front German A and Kilo shocks are able to take the rigors of our badly maintained country roads.
Everything down to its VRO handlebar steering system and ergon grips were precision-made and this made handling on the long and winding stretch along the course very solid.
The Ashima PCB disk brakes gave superb stopping power and as I pumped the brakes, I can hear the rotor sound slowing down my descent.
On certain stretch, the brakes did not cease.
As for the 3x9 SRAM Dual-drive II drivetrain, I must say that it worked well to my expectations.
The front and rear suspension were not wobbly at all, it took most of the hard bumps and riding this bike, for a big guy like me, was really comfortable.
That said, there are more challenging rides ahead and as long distance guru Mr TT Siang would put it: "Hulu Langat is Jetstream country.. "
I hope he would be able to restore his Jetstream XP back to its riding condition so that we could explore the hills of Hulu Langat as team Jetstream..

No comments: