Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sometimes, I get fucked...

Ahhhh, believe the hype!
A co-worker of mine said: "Eh Sam! You should try this cafe at Ben's Independent Grocer in Publika, its called 'Swine' and its got some really cool pork dishes.."
So, having heard what he said, I took it really seriously.
Today, I drove to Publika near Jalan Duta. 
It's a high-class area and this complex in particular, caters for yuppies, the new-rich, wannbes and posers.
The last time I had some food there was at a Burger joint. Which sucked.


High-class grocery shop
Ben's Independent Grocery store is a high-class joint. You can liken it to Singapore's Jason's Market Place.
I found the makan place in the Pork butchery. Really high-class.
There were some yuppies and high-end office people already eating there. 
One or two stole glances as I entered the place and found a table right at the end.
A waitress dropped the menu. 
Nothing much, but a set of meals that are entirely meat-based.
I ordered a Hainanese Pork Chop.
My benchmark is Yut Kee's Pork Chop. If they can match this place, then they are good.
Eddie, my co-worker ordered some funky lemongrass Pork Chop.
For side orders, I ordered a plate of Siew Yuk (Roasted Pork).


Pretty stylish bling-bling signboard

Cosy set-up
Absolutely pathetic pork dishes...
Service at this makan place was prompt.
As soon as I've returned to my table from the men's room, I can see a plate of Siew Yuk. 
Six pieces, placed nicely on a bed of Japanese cucumber and some shredded spring onions.
Now, the shocking part was this: six pieces of Siew Yuk that is as hard as leather and a real poor attempt to produce a chilli sauce which is similar to what you eat at chicken rice stalls.
Next, my Hainanese Pork Chop came.
For RM26 a pop, it was the most pathetic dish of the entire lot. Truly amateur.
Its nowhere compared to Yut Kee.
Any Hainanese cook would roll in his grave!
I can't say much about the lemongrass pork chop.


Fucked over!
I called for the bill.
This was prompt. In a flash it arrived. Total was RM81.20.
The charge was for two main dishes and one side.
We only drank water. I guess that if we've had coffee, the bill would easily breach RM100.
Nobody likes to get ripped-off and in the case of Swine, I guess this is not the place to makan. Lousy food and utterly expensive.
They can fuck the yuppies and strangle the rich people who live around the neighbourhood.
Way I see it, only losers would hang out in this place regularly.


Fucking pork chop for losers...
A word to the co-worker...
I went back to work and my colleague was seated at his desk.
Then I said: "Dude, you have poor taste in food. I tried your recommendations and it sucks. Totally sucks ass!"
It was a painful RM81 lesson. So, moral of the story: If a person who knows nothing about good food talks cock, sing-song and plays mahjong, you better ignore him completely.

2 comments:

wai said...

The Yut Kee you are talking about is the one at Dang Wangi?

mich said...

How can yiu trust Publika.. You should have known better. We got screwed before!!