Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chung festival - June 8


Aahhh.. I remember my por-por ( grandma) and her awesome chung. Fat, oily and tasty. Which explained her demise in the later years due to hypertension. I am half-Hakka, loves pork and fat stuff. It also warded my old man in the hospital when his arteries clogged.

Chung prevented him from smoking - a habit he had indulged for decades. Smoking sucks and smokers blow! Anyways, I've completed an assignment on Chung-making, the commercial way and interviewed an old contact in Puchong. Stingy bugger!

So, tonite, Pat, my mum in-law had invited me to her place to savour some Nonya Chung, her favourite. Speaking of which, I had some pleasant memories of my paternal grandma's Hakka Chung. And I believe that no one else in the universe can make Chung like my late Grannie. It was AWESOME and memories of its tastes is permanently embedded in my brains!

No comments: