Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rumble in da Jungle!

A very handsome spider - the huntsman

Face-to-face


Me, at the park today..

I received a short message from my buddy Derrick who informed me about an outing to Taman Bukit Cahaya in Shah Alam.
Managed to get clearance from the boss and took a 20-minute drive there after bathing the dogs this morning.
Its been years since I last visited this place.
I was there some years back when the state agricultural park was encroached by development.
At that time, photographing insects was not even a thing of fancy to me.
So, today, I took a hike around the park, covering an estimated distance of 5 kilometres and found some really interesting inhabitants at the park.
I came face-to-face with a huntsman spider after spotting it on a leaf.
It was as still as a stone to evade and avoid detection.
When I placed it on a tree stump, I managed to squeeze at least half a-dozen shot and was very satisfied with the results.
Since this park is huge, a follow-up trip in the future is in order.

No comments: