Sunday, October 21, 2012

"Imitation is a form of flattery.."

Running out of ideas..
A cyclist friend invited me to ride with him at an event called: "Tour de Kuala Gandah".
I can see that nearly 50 people are riding to this tourist attraction in Central Pahang.
While I saw a few familiar names, most of the people going for this ride - organised by a well-known cyclist (also a Facebook celebrity), are newcomers.

The ride itinerary
Michelle told me about this and I just laughed it off.
That's strike one for originality.
We rode this route earlier last month from Sertik.
For the newcomer, they need to know the terrain and places where they can re-group and refill their water.
Save the awesome scenery and 20km of torture, I'd say that one better be prepared for what's ahead.

Factual error..

It is said that the sanctuary is managed by the 'Malaysia Wildlife Society'.
There is no such thing.
The Kuala Gandah elephant sanctuary is in fact: managed by the Department of Wildlife and National Parks.
It was set up in 1989 in order to preserve and rehabilitate the Asian Elephant.
What I find amusing - the 'cut and paste' style of disbursing facts that are misleading. 
Oh well, to the guys going for this ride, all the best!

No comments: