Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Fixed...


 A phone call to an old friend...

I gave a call to my old friend at The Star Media Group. Followed up with him on the wrong picture being used in a story that implicated cyclists on highways.

He regretted that it was a mistake. But I told him no apology was necessary on his part.

Apparently, the online team had used an old picture by doing a search on the company's image repository. 

It turned out that the photo was an unused image from a series of pictures I took back when I wrote about cycling on the Federal Highway bike lane. This was attributed to my personal take on what it was like cycling from home to work.

Many mistakes and some, causing law-suits have arisen from this. 

Why? The person did not perform a fact check and the filing system was done incorrectly. Another good friend of mine who fetched the wrong wire story was sent to the can because of this.

It's all good...

I'm not seeking legal recourse on the matter, but rather let the people who did the mistake to make it good. The picture was replaced with another that actually depicts cyclist on a closed highway.

Far from over...

But, for cyclists, the issue of folks taking it out on highways is still an issue. Some genius from the Malaysian Institute on Road Safety had come out with the idea of issuing licence plates for bicycles. And this was taken all the way up to the Transport Ministry. I think it's silly. Anyway, the onus is on a cyclist to abide by the Law and respect all road users.

No comments: