Thursday, September 1, 2011

Review: Roxim RX5 bicycle light

Space-age: The Roxim RX5




When it comes to outfitting my folding bike, I am willing to try out some unconventional stuff.
So, I tried the Roxim RX5 bicycle light.
This is said to be the most advanced illumination tool using only 4AA batteries.
I've also outfitted my wife's Dahon Curve D3 with a smaller 2AA light called the Roxim RS3 to replace her damaged Cateye light. 
And since these are pretty scarce in the market, they aren't easily found.
I bought the RX5 and RS3 from Folding Bike Trading at their flagship store in Damansara Perdana.
Michelle was the first to test out her RS3 at a night ride in Putrajaya. She wasn't happy with the high-drain device, although the people who distribute them recommends using rechargeable cells.
On Wednesday, I had the chance to try out my RX5 on my Dahon Jetstream EX.
This light lasted about 20 minutes before going dim on economy mode.


Pros
Lightweight, futuristic streamlined-design. 
Takes 4AA batteries that can be bought anywhere. Reasonably bright with a nice wide beam.


Cons
Crappy mount. Expensive and has a poor run-time.

Availibility
The Roxim is sold by Folding Bike Trading at their showroom in Damansara Perdana. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had an issue with their staff who claimed to have his Facebook account 'hacked'. Who the hell does he think he is? Tom Cruise? 


                    














2 comments:

Andrew Lim said...

take it easy bro....facebook being hacked into is very common these days and you don't need to be a famous person. i have close family members who's ac been hacked into. I got an email recently from my 'cousin' asking me to send money urgently as she is stranded in Dublin. And she was in fact in Dublin. Of course I didn't send any cos I sense something amiss and called her instead. True enough the mail wasnt from her. So I always give a benefit of a doubt

samo said...

Hahah!! Thanks for your take on this. Its always a convenient excuse to say that someone had hacked into the 'victim's' FB account and bla-bla-bla..

Sam