Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ooops!


In a seemingly normal weekend, I had lost track of time. Then came a missed call from the office.
"Eh brother, you coming to work today?", asked my Deputy Editor. "Er.. Sorry, I thought I had marked  myself off today", I said.
Little did I know, I actually volunteered two days on the desk. My mistake was not double checking the work roster. 
I had two copies (one ammended) in my bag and when I checked it out, I was marked as working today.
So, to resolve the problem, I called my boss and apologized for overlooking the matter. This meant a swap in off days for the month. 
I must say that I have had a great break over the week. Tomorrow, I have to fill in for a day and take another three days off before getting back to work on Sunday and Monday.

No comments: