Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hulu Langat Training Ride Series 5

Reaching the summit area at checkpoint 01 - Kuala Kelawang - Semenyih junction

The steep and gradual climb proved to be too much for this rider

A group photo before heading back to the 18th-mile village

We've been following the Hulu Langat training ride for the fourth time and so far, there's five in a series.
Michelle and I had charted some progress in our average speed and timing along the 20km loop.
So far, we've been as far as the Dam entrance, but didn't make it all the way. Twice, we had to turn back because some riders have became ill during the ride.
Yesterday, I clocked 18.6km on the average and my top speed is 43km/h.
This was a slight improvement from 15.6km when I first started cycling at the location.
I guess the hardest part is to maintain a steady speed and cadence as some of the major sections along this route has a 15-30 degree gradient.
The entire road is not as flat as it seems.
I did the first-half with my high gear and climbed on the lowes to reach the Kuala Kelawang - Semenyih intersection.
And all four attempts, I managed to pedal my bike towards the junction without stopping.
Now, I can feel my thighs sore and pretty banged up.
But all this is for a purpose and that is to complete our tour of Betong in Thailand next month.

No comments: