Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dahon Malaysia FBC 2nd Meeting

Me and the brand-new Dahon Vector X10 folding bike at Bangsar's Rodalink yesterday...
After two months of meeting and planning with Chanson Lau of Le Run Industries, the second Dahon Folding Bike Club meeting went smoothly as planned.
Michelle and I went to the outlet as early as 09:30am in the morning and we found an elderly man for Banting who was already in the store.
He later walked away with the IOS XL, Dahon's 2009 Eurobike winner.
When Le Run's Ruey Chan made the opening address, my turn was up as the first speaker.
At the meeting, I shared my experience as a Dahon user and this has attracted the attention of two on-line reporters with Baik.Bike magazine.
They wanted to do a seperate session with Michelle and me riding our folding bikes.
During my talk, I accidentally bumped the parked preview bikes and that was an embarassing moment.
Later, veteran rider Bil Choy turn was up.
He shared some valuable insights on safety and also showcased his vintage 'Da Bike' to the crowd.
On the whole, the turnout was just lukewarm, but people are getting aware of Dahon and Le Run's efforts in introducing the bikes to the local market.

No comments: