Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sungai Tekala Forest Park Hike

Michelle and I at the peak of the waterfall
The park's inhabitant
I am ashamed to admit that I have never cycled to the Sg Tekala Forest Park near Semenyih.
This place is about 24km from Pekan Bt 18 in Hulu Langat and my wife did it on her 3-speed 2009 Dahon Curve D3.
So, having given much thought to this awesome place, I decided to check it out. Not by cycling, but a hike in the park.
There is an entrance fee of RM1 per person and on a fasting month, we were surprised to find that the streams were actually full of people.
At the park entrance, I spotted a Portia jumping spider and went to work on it with my Canon MPE-65 macro lends.
We later hiked about 2km to the peak of the Tekala falls. 
There were two strange-looking dudes dipping themselves in a pool with dive masks.
I don't really know what they were doing, but these guys were oblivious to their surrounding.
One sad part was the rubbish that were strewn all over the area.
People use this place for their recreation, but they don't seem to bother at all with the environment.. 
After hiking up the park for four hours, we called it a day..

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Samo,

just a quick hello from Liverpool.
I came across your blog a few months ago. I am the owner of a Dahon Curve SL 2009 (great bike) and I enjoy your posts. Good stuff!

samo said...

Thank you!

Sam