Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Night at the race track

At the starting grid with some folding bike enthusiasts
Michelle and I made a beeline to the Subang Speedway go-kart track on Saturday night.
We caught up with some friends who took part at Folding Bike Trading's 'Fun Ride'.
It turned out that the event was a big thing with endorsement from the National Cycling Federation.
Some cycling personalities were also at hand.
But most memorable was an opportunity to catch up with my ex-colleague Azlan Ramli who is now the Editor for Cycling Asia Magazine.
I also caught up with Anson Leow of Cycling Malaysia Magazine who floored me with tonnes of questions about Dahon Folding bicycles.
Seems that the guy was interested in getting his wife a ride.
During the event, I also spoke to Well Tan, of Folding Bike Trading who put up the race and gathering.
The response was encouraging as most of the new riders had turned out in full force.
I also met Mr Choong, an old-timer who came all the way from Ipoh, Perak to participate in the event.
He told me to watch out for Janice Chai who did quite well on the track by taking a prize at the Women's Jr category.
We bugged out as the party continued into the night.

No comments: