Monday, June 4, 2012

Another rear inner-tube blow-out!

Oh no! Not again..
My wife paged me through the Google messenger to inform me that my 2009 Dahon Speed P8's rear tire's inner-tube had blown.
As soon as I got home, I went to work with the Schwalbe Big Apple 2.0 tire.
Took out the 20" x 1.65 inner tube which I had fitted last month after a blowout and found a tine 3mm tear which was parallel to the spoke line.
Other than that, I found no foreign object embedded on the tire's inner wall.
Lucky for me, I had a spare 20" x 2.0 inner tube with a presta of French valve.
Most Schwalbe's - especially the Big Apple 2.0 are fitted with a Presta valve.
Anyway, it took a while to fit in the new and proper inner-tube and after inflating it, I had no more issues. Well, not at the moment.

Desperate times calls for drastic measures..

I contacted Danny Teo from Le Run Industries.
The man is the key person for Schwalbe products.
As far as riding a folding bike is concerned, I am very much a Schwalbe convert.
This time round, I contacted Danny to purchase two bottles of Doc Blue sealant, a bottle of Easy-fit montage fluid and a box of high-pressure rim tapes.
These would be my standard recovery tools for my long-distance rides.

The Schwalbe gear
 I have yet to infuse the Doc Blue sealant into to the Big Apple.
And the Easy-Fit montage fluid would come in really handy for mounting the tires back onto the rear rims. Well, any rims in my case!
I guess the true test would be this weekend as I am looking forward to my ride to Tg Sepat.

No comments: