Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jumping spiders!





Jumping spiders are objects of fascination to a child who is growing up in the 60s
and 70s.Back when I was a kid, I used catch them and place them on a wrestling match.These lil eight-legged creatures became pets to the poor kids and each time the
spider season approaches, preparations were made to get the baddest,meanest
and fastest arachnid.Spotting them in their natural environment requires some skills and I acquired this
by following some local boys on their spider adventures.That was 30 years ago and today, the new generation hardly speak about this.Till now, the jumping arachnids are still an object of fascination.I found a small patch of foliage area in my office and spotted a few jumpers lurking
in their lair.This became a perfect oppurtunity to capture them on my EF 50mm compact
macro lens.Well, so far so good, I hope to improve my shots from time to time..

No comments: