Monday, January 11, 2010

Weaver ants..


HAVING captured some weaver ants (kerengga) in action, I have gained the
respect of this little creature.Its also nature's architect and a deterrent to pests that are harmful to tropical fruit
trees. The ants will devour almost anything that gets along their path and over the years,
I have witnessed how efficient the weaver ants are in getting the job done like
building a nest out of leaves and gathering food.That said, taking pictures of them is a true challenge. Now that there is a healthy population in my backyard, I have found a purpose in
capturing them as a series of macrography photojournal.Since the autofocusing feature on my EOS7D could not work well, the only way to
freeze them in action is by manual focusing.Well, lucky for me, I haven't lost it all.Its been more than 18 years since I last played with manual focusing. So, in a series of 50 shots, I managed to squeeze at least two shots that are
worthy of any mention.And the focal length of my EF 50mm f2.5 macro didn't help either.To get a lifesize 1:1 shot, I have to get the EF life-size converter and that would
take another two months since I am ordering this accessory directly from Canon
Marketing Malaysia.

No comments: