Saturday, October 8, 2011

An affordable touring bike from Cinelli

Well, here's something that won't burn a hole in your pocket: the Cinelli Race Rat.
The first time I came to know about Cinelli products was back in the late 80s.
My Raleigh road bike had a new handlebar wrap made by them.
After seeing Starmetro cycling team captain Kevin Tan's all steel roadie, I kinda rekindled my interest in this Italian brand.
This led me to Godzilla Bikes in Kota Damansara. 
I asked the owner Collin Lee who told me that the bike was sold to a lucky bugger.
"Ah, this one about RM2K plus la.. I sold it and am waiting for the new stock to arrive.."
Some lucky bastide out there is having some serious fun with the race rat.
Although the brakes seems to blow on this frameset, I must say that the pricing is very impressive.
Its even cheaper than some foldie that I've come across.
Again, if you are stingy, or on a budget, you might want to give some serious consideration on the Cinelli Race Rat! 

No comments: