Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A very unlikely place to score a digital gauge..

The Topeak Smartgauge D2
One of the benefits of social cycling is the fact that you actually meet knowledgeable folks.
Some riders told me that the correct tire pressure would give a smooth ride and the only way to measure it is with a gauge.
There are many of these gadgets around, some with an analog display which is also mechanical where no batteries are needed.
Another notch higher is a digital tire pressure gauge and since I purchased my Dahon Speed P8, this has been my quest.
I nearly bought it off the internet via Ebay, but shipping would cost a bomb.
Then, the unlikeliest thing happened. I was at a Rodalink outlet in Desa Sri Hartamas and during a conversation with one of the senior mechanics, I mentioned about the gauge and how fucked-up it was trying to get one here.
"Eh, we have what!," he said. 
The mechanic asked his apprentice to bring it down from the display shelves and wallah! There it was! The one thing and almost holy-grail like item that I have been searching all this while.
In short, my visit to Rodalink was worth every minute and second because with the gauge, I would be able to accurately adjust the tire pressure on my Schwalbe Big Apple tires for a smoother ride.

No comments: