Wednesday, May 6, 2009

'Overzealous'



Adj. 1. overzealous - marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea; "rabid isolationist"
fanatic, fanatical, rabid
passionate - having or expressing strong emotions wn()
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.



A bureau chief from the east coast had sent a short message to my colleague that reads:

"Dear, so and so, I understand that you are the OC for today. Please use my centrespread stories becuase some overzealous OC is doing things his way.. bla-bla-bla."

I don't take comments like such to the heart and let it fuck up my day. As a matter of fact, the said bureau chief has been sending crap stories from his station and for the lack of it, I used Bernama wire stories to fill in the gap.

Not that I have any choice, the selection of stories from this particular bureau is very poor. I have to put up with bad copies and crappy pictures, but ass-licking and ball-carrying stories on state politicians and so on.

The guy was pissed off because he didn't get any by-line for his stories and that there were a host of Bernama reports that made him look really bad.

Way I see it, the issue here is not about nit-picking or victimising people. If they do their work properly, they will be rewarded. If they slack, they have to answer.

And I think that sending a short message to another person on the desk to bitch about a person's inefficiency is totally uncouth. So, the long term solution is: "Fuck him!".

No comments: