Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dahon Curve SL ride update

Me and the 2009 Curve SL
I've been having loads of fun with my new 'old' 16" Dahon folding bike.
Previously, I never even took a second look at smaller folding bikes.
But after seeing them in action and how fast they can become, I slowly grew on it.
After picking up my 2009 Dahon Curve SL, I slowly outfitted it with a Cateye Velo wireless cyclometer, a light for cycling at night.
I also installed my black arclite rack on the bike. 
This proved to be useful as I am able to mount my Ortlieb frontroller panniers on it.
So, when it comes to riding this little fella, I must admit that it took some getting used to.
Compared to my Speed P8, I have to lean forward a bit as the bike is pretty low.
Its meant more for medium and small built people.
Handling wise, the Curve SL is pretty solid.
Its highly manouverable and is pretty nippy on the road.
The Schwalbe Marathon racer tires that comes stock standard is also pretty fast.
It free rolls better than by Schwalbe Big Apple.
The SL is much lighter than its popular cousin - Curve D3.
Speaking of bikepacking, now, I can look forward to lugging the Curve SL into the city centre.

3 comments:

Andrew Lim said...

enjoy reading your blog.
couple rides definitely the coolest thing...good on u.
am so inspired to get myself a folding bike too and actually went to the local rodalink shop. had my eyes on the speed p8 .. but too expensive so gotta save up for it for hopefully can get a good 2nd hand...

samo said...

Thank you for your kind words buddy. Yes, the Speed P8 is a highly desired bike. Good components, sturdy and solid handling. You might want to save up and get the Speed P8. I don't think there are many second-hand Speeds going around especially in Malaysia..

Sam

Andrew Lim said...

it is very sturdy ... nothing like a sissy bike that one of your readers commented. can see myself riding in the east coast during one of my work trips there... :))