Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't worry...

Ah, that Bob Marley song! Just finished watching : "The Pursuit of happiness" over ASTRO and oh man! What a movie! Wanted to catch it on the big screen but I kinda gave it a miss...

And that Will Smith, boy can he act! I think not many people can relate to a feel good story like the character he portrayed and I know what it feels like being down and out. The least I can say is that if you can embrace humility, the only way is up...

On a similar trait, I am going through my second month review at the new workplace. And boy! What a tough week! Think its going to crank up really tight as my boss prepares his set of review papers next week.. Don't really know how much I scored cos the earlier one was about 51/70. I'd say that expectations are high.

Today alone, my patience and skills were tested. One virtue after another. Being sloppy on the job has a cascading effect. I was challenged on my decision to use file photos. My stand was firm. I told the support guy that if anything goes wrong, its my call. I've made misakes and I've lived up to it. Similarly, it happened 17 years ago. Made the call, paid the price. It was senseless at it seems, but was a hell of a learning time. I feel the pain of Chris Gardner whom Will Smith had portrayed in the flick I saw earlier.

Lighthing striking twice? I don't know.. Simply because I felt that I had a long way to go. All of the sudden, I felt that what I have learned and gone through was just a small speck in the ocean. After being insulted earlier at the workplace, I took it cool. One thing at at time. Its all I have and to win, patience is the virtue. The man can say whatever he wants, even bitch about it. I have a job to do and it'll be done in my best interest. If I face the fire, I'd take it like a man. No two ways about it.

So, that said, its one more month to go. Before May 18 -- the deciding day. I don't know if I'll make it, but I surely tried...

No comments: