Monday, May 31, 2010

Kota Damansara upset

Wasp

Damselfly

The gang

I made a follow-up trip to the Kota Damansara Community Forest last Saturday and took
on the Scout's Trail.Four other guys were in the queue to look for bugs at the forest and well, it didn't turn out
as interesting as I would have expected.We spent about two hours hiking the trial and found very few insects in the foliaged area.I capped off a few shots for record purposes and spent much of my time trying to blaze a
path around the hilly jungle.Maybe the timing was a bit off and weather may have affected the insect activity there. I found a few specie of flies and some small beetles. My hope of finding large spider species in this neck of the woods seems to have faded.

1 comment:

Kurt (OrionMystery) said...

Not as many bugs as I'd have liked but i got a decent shot of a golden robberfly (Laphria sobria) with winged ant prey. Can't ask for more. :)