Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spiders of Bukit Nenas

An ant mimic jumping spider found on the foothills of Bukit Nenas

Orisima Ichneumon - elegant and graceful

A brown lynx spider posing for the camera

While we on our bug population census taking mission of Bukit Nenas, I stumbled upon
some really cool spider species.The area is teeming with spiders and during my three-hour search there, I landed at least
five different species of arachnids.There were jumping spiders and orb weavers and the most commonly found specie of
jumper is the Orisima Ichneumon.This colourful spider guards its lair jealously from invading hoards of ants and other winged
insects.

1 comment:

jw said...

I've been quietly following your blog :) and I have to say your macro photography shots are getting more and more interesting.

I'm looking at bugs in a whole new perspective. Keep them coming.