Saturday, May 8, 2010

Macrothon - Bukit Tinggi, Pahang

My first Rhino Beetle

Long horned beetle

Team Macromaniac: Samo, TS Ching and Master Kurt

Friday was a packed affair.I left for Bukit Tinggi in Pahang as early as 6am in the morning and rounded up my macro shooting
kaki TS Ching and Master Kurt.We had a good start and the weather was excellent.This was my second trip and follow-up to the hilltop resort and I found that many things has changed.The entrance fee has been revised from RM10 - RM12 and security guards are place at the
Japanese Tea House entrance.I had a hard time with a Nepali who refused to allow my car into the park.After dealing with the idiot, we decided to walk to the botanical garden at the park.It was quiet and we had the whole place to ourselves.There were plenty of beetles and bees around and I had a blast shooting at least three different
species of long horned beetles.We worked till 3pm and shot off to Bukit Gasing for a night macro session.

No comments: