Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Kayu wars


My big, big, big boss sent me a text message this morning.It read: "Please do a story on the 'other' Kayu'.Orders are orders, I replied and said: "Will do".This was made in reference to my column on Nasi Kandar.I featured Kayu Nasi Kandar in USJ 10 Taipan. It was done to fulfill my pork-free food quota for Ramadan which I have
pledged to my boss.So, I went on a mission to feature some makan places during my rounds and
one of those nights, I landed myself at Kayu.I ordered a plate of Nasi Kandar and paid RM13.50 for the meal consisting
fish roe, beef cooked in soya sauce and some vegetables.It was overpriced and service sucked.All I needed was a set of pictures to corroborate my story which I wrote
according to what I had experienced. That was it.And today, there was a mixed reaction and some dude actually text messaged
me to say: "Wah, so you brave ah?""Brave?," I asked."Yeah, most reviews would be nice," replied the guy.I told him that I paid for my meal and gave an honest view of what I ate. That
was all.Its never ballsy to do so as I would be sincere on sharing my experience.There some interesting developments arising from the comment and I'll have
to wait and see what's on my plate in the days to come...

4 comments:

Shiek Eng Meng said...

Bro, salute for your honest review on Kayu ... that's what people need ... an honest opinion.

Keep it coming bro ... I am with you on this.

samo said...

Hahah!!! The original Kayu owner took a full page ad in the Star today.. Haven't looked at it, will check out their makan place on Monday..

Sam

mich said...

love the honesty.... but some pple just can take the truth!!! too bad for them.. but dont stick your head out too far...

pointe.csl said...

It's good to be honest, at least we know if we getting the value out of the money we are spending. Keep up the good work! :)