Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21 Singapore Run..

The early morning drive..
Michelle and her lunch...
Blanco Court's Prawn noodles..
Chilling out at Campers..

Just came back from Singapore after spending a night down there. It was a tiring trip - driving 4 hours to beat some dateline. I mostly accompanied my wife who was on a business trip. She pow the fuel, toll and accommodation while I took care of the measely meals.

When we hit the causeway, I drove to Beduk to deliver a DVD to her cousin who got married two weeks ago in KL. Taking wedding shots are hell. Its even more fucked up when people expect you to serve them for free. But with family first, I kinda let my guard down. Anyway, what's done was done.

We checked it at the hotel, the took off to Beach Road on foot to get some lunch. Along the way, I checked out the plastic meat grinder that I have been searching for in KL. At SGD$38.95, well, some other time. We had prawn noodles at the "Blanco Court Prawn Noodles" restaurant at Beach Road where all the tacklestores are situated. Then took an MRT ride from Bugis Junction to City Hall. Caught up with Calvin Tay at Camper's Corner and checked out some other stuff at Funan IT mall.

Then, we made our way back to the hotel on foot from North Bridge Road. Later, I took Michelle out for dinner at Lavender Food Court. Spent SGD$10.40 on a cab ride there. Anyways, after dinner, we walked through Serangoon and back to the hotel. I was dead tired. My feet hurts and well, I don't see any prospect of staying a day longer, so, decided to take off and head home, first thing in the morning. The drive was smooth and it took us about 2.5 hours to get home from the Skudai toll.

With the exchange rate of 1 SGD = RM2.41, I'd say that it will be a while that I make any trip South...

No comments: