Sunday, December 21, 2008


Sunday is a good day to start your working week. The drive was smooth and so is my time management. I
got to the office early to plan the day ahead.Since I am on my own to run the desk, the section's second in command was despatch to oversee the
assigning of stories in our daily schedule.I learned a lot from discussing with the guy and his experience helped in setting the pace going for the rest
of the day.Lunch break was also good as I caught up with a Nasi Padang seller at Section 14 in PJ. The man was
very thankful for an article written on his stall.Later, I dropped by the Digitalmall to check out some stuff there. Nothing much on my radar except for the
Hewlett Packard Mini 1000 which is the rave of the town.After all the hoohaas, I made my way back to the office and that was when the newsdesk editor called. He
wanted phone numbers which I assigned one of our reporters to assist.Then, when I went up to the newsroom, one of the chief sub asked: "Eh you got a picture of Peter Cetera
ah?". I was dumbfounded. I told them they could get something from Google's image search and suddenly,
this guy snapped. He said if he knew what to do, he wouldn't have asked. As a matter of fact, I knew the guy, but has never
seen the side of him when he blew up.To me, it was totally unecessary to show temper and throw tantrum. It just goes to show that the guy has no
class. Why get mad?Maybe it was a macho act, but I guess if you have no inclination as to how your action can actually
implicate you, guys as such are better left alone.The week ahead seems gloomy as the Xmas holidays approaches. I get a day off on Christmas and plan
to spend it with the dogs and my wife..

No comments: