Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A colourful ant mimic

One of the initial shots -- lighting on the subject is very harsh..

I used a slip-on diffuser on my Canon 430EXII flashgun and the results are slightly better. You can see the colourful ass of the spider in this capture.


I found a very colourful ant mimic spider around my neighbourhood and have been tracking it for a while.
It seems that this female is fond of hunting ants on an Angsana tree and a few other spiderlings were also seen on the same area.
I was lucky enough to squeeze a few shots on my Canon EF50mm F2.5 compact macro lens and since then, the only opportunity I had was another shot.
It was very active and since it moves around quite a bit, there were some frustrating moments capturing some good shots of the spider.

No comments: