Friday, March 19, 2010

So, here we go again..


Everyone's abuzz today with the good news.
Some of my co-workers got promoted and a fortunate few had their annual increment.
I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary today and when my name was called, I picked up an envelope.
After reading its content, I was kinda expecting a normal increment.
I thought last year I did pretty well and all the effort put into it gained me a 4.7% raise.
My initial reaction was 'What the FUCK?'.
But after piecing it together with last year's percentage, it was consistent.
I don't know the minimum quantum because I had never spoken to anyone about this, but its certainly better than what I used to get as a Unionised employee.
On the average, I was given a 1.5% raise every year and it was automatic till I hit the top of the scale.
Increments were not the kinda things I looked forward to at the old workplace and it took me about 15 years to get to the top of the scale.
How scary!
With the 4.7%, I shouldn't rant cos its better than getting nothing.
I don't know if its the minimum quantum and at the present rate that I am going, I am just going to maintain a steady course to the end of the year.

No comments: