Friday, February 13, 2009

Spoonfed


A guru once said: "The purpose of a newspaper, is to educate, entertain and enlighten". 
Such a phrase - of course, was ripped off from another guru. Yes, the paper has its purpose to serve the public.
But sometimes, the folks who pay RM1.20 can be extremely demanding. I've receive a number of emails citing that I have ripped off and given despair to folks who spent hours and hours looking for a certain outlet. 
My column reads: "Food Trail". Now, where's the sense of adventure when you have everything thrown in such as full address, telephone number and maps? 
Since I paid for my food and waited for my turn like any other customers, that privilage to such an information is mine. 
Its up to me on whether I want to state the obvious or not. Anyways, I find that some readers are plain ignorant and demanded to be spoonfed all the time. 
Sorry, if you want something done, you've got to do it yourself. There is no such thing as a free trip.

No comments: