Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ngau lam meen..

The kwon lou or dry gravy stewed beef brisket noodles


Ahh... Beef soup noodles for the soul!


I've been a big fan of the ngau lam meen. And when I was a kid, there was this stall called 'tai shue thou'
big tree stump near the Air Panas junction. A family ran their business there from a 'kedai kilat' (illegal store) for at least 10 years before it paved way
for a road widening project.What I like about it, is the soft beef brisket stewed to prefection. The Cantonese style of cooking favours
my tastebud.They use plenty of ginger, star anise, clove and cinnamon. What used to be RM2 a plate in those days
have inflated to RM5.50.I have recently found such as stall in USJ 6 at Good Year Court 2. A lady who runs a wantan mee stall over
there sells the stewed beef brisket noodles.

No comments: