Thursday, March 26, 2009

The promotion


My boss handed me a letter today.
My suspicions confirmed. Over the last couple weeks, there has been rumours that increment letters have been processed and approved.
I was looking forward to some financial rewards after working for a year. My departure from a union reporter to management was timely as I took more than 15 years to prepare for this.
To my delight, I found out that I was promoted from the rank of a senior writer to chief reporter.
And for a brief moment the feeling was euphoric. That was the best thing to happen to me in my career as a reporter.
I've put in some effort and with a great team and a good management crew, we've pulled it together.
To me, it was an honour to serve and a recognition from the top brass. My boss pushed for this and I owe him and the team my gratitude. 
Without their cooperation, I may have failed miserably. This new chapter in my life gave me some encouragement to work and peform better.
As far as the financial gain is concerned, I get 5% more this year and hoped to take my career as a journalist as far as I can.
I feel very proud today and as I see it, I won't let this get into my head as the road ahead is long and winding.

3 comments:

mich said...

hey.. that's cool.. and it's time for a beer to celebrate!

Shiek Eng Meng said...

Hey Bro ... congratulations on your promotions ... we need to catch up lah. We must catch up but not too soon as I am out of action for a couple of weeks ... minor surgery.

Again, congrats !

CheeWee said...

congrats dude.. u deserved it!